rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
ForumsAdministrator
Prayer Room Chaplain
SystemAdministrator
Posts 511
Nan Posted: 12-17-2010 12:39 PM

Note: Please also see original Prayer thread for Dawson's son following his accident.

Just click this link: Please Pray - Dawson's son involved in a serious traffic accident

December 17, 2010

Today's Prayer Memo is bring written by Tim Altman, CEO of the Dawson McAllister Association

With a heavy, but hopeful heart, I am writing today's memo as Dawson's friend. As reported earlier, last Saturday, Dawson's son Fulton suffered a devastating head injury in an auto accident. First, let me report on the progress he has made.

Fulton is now breathing on his own with the help of a tracheotomy. Fluid pressure in his head is in the normal range and stable. All sedatives and most pain killers have been withdrawn. He does have pneumonia, which is not unusual for an immobilized patient. They are aggressively treating this with antibiotics and attempting to move him as much as possible.

While still unconscious, he has coughed and begun to move his arms and legs a bit. If he continues to progress, doctors think they may be able to move him to a rehabilitation setting shortly after the first of the year. Bottom line, he appears to have survived the most life-threatening phase of this crisis. God's mercies are great. It is without question that your many prayers are being heard.

Now to Dawson. As he and I were speaking yesterday, he spoke of his fears and his faith. He said, "There have been battles with grief and anxiety, but God has been faithful to give me peace that He is working all things together for good." He went on, "I will never be the same. Though there is a huge ache in my heart, I have handed my son over to the Lord and told him that whatever brings Him the most honor and glory are what I want from this."

This was a private moment, but I don't believe Dawson will mind that I have shared it because it brings honor to God. His words remind me of a man from another time. Other than Jesus, no man in the Bible experienced more grief than Job. He lost all he owned and everyone he loved. But in his grief, he chose to grow toward God, not turn away, "At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Job 1:20-21

My friend Dawson does not yet know if his son will come back, or when he does, in what condition. But, like Job, he has he has used his grief to grow toward God, not turn away.

On behalf of the McAllister family, thank you for your love and prayers.

Pray that God wake Fulton up and that when he does, he will be of sound mind.

Pray that that God will continue to pour out His peace and new mercies on Dawson, Ruth Hill and Gene (Fulton's brother).

Pray, as Dawson has, that the LORD will indeed receive honor and glory from every moment of their struggle.

Reach a HopeCoach by calling 800-394-4673 (HOPE) or chat online with a HopeCoach HERE

Top 10 Contributor
ForumsAdministrator
Prayer Room Chaplain
Posts 1,548

Father in Heaven we continue to lift to You Fulton and the entire McAllister family. Please Lord enfold them in Your love, fill them with Your peace. We praise You Lord for the healing that has begun in Fulton’s life and ask that his recovery would be flawless and speedy. Thank You Father, in Jesus name, amen

Top 10 Contributor
Prayer Room Chaplain
Posts 1,430

Father I continue to lift up Fulton and the Dawson family to you. I thank you for the good report about his son Fulton. I pray Father that you will continue blessings his son and open his eyes and wake him up. I pray that when he does wake up that he will be of sound mind. I pray that you will continue pouring out your peace and mercies on Dawson and Ruth Hill and Gene Fulton's brother. I also pray Father that you will receive all the glory and honor for every moment of this struggle. In Jesus name amen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3

Dear heavenly father, I came before you this evening to ask for your help in healing Fulton. Lord, I continue to pray for Fulton with an open heart and mind giving thanks to you for your grace and love. Father I pray that you awaken Fulton in such a way that only you can do that so Fulton has a complete recovery from all of the injuries that he has sustained. Father I give you to my all, for you worthy of praise. Please bring Fulton back to his family healthy, happy, and with a renewed spirit.

Father I believe in you and ask that you hear my prayers for Jesus said in Matthew 18:19 “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.” Father I know I am not alone in asking you heal Fulton quickly and completely.

Father I know that you have a plan for Fulton and I am eager to see it play out. I know there is a purpose that Fulton will fulfill and bring glory and honor to you Lord.

Father I am also praying for Dawson, Ruth Hill, and Gene. Please Lord give them a sense of your presence and bring comfort to them. I pray that all their worries go away and they put full faith and trust into you oh Lord. Please give them love and peace.

I am thankful for you Lord and pray to you in Jesus name, Amen.

-Bart

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 8

Dawson and his son i know in the name of jesus they are both covered by the blood. We are being tested on so many levels of our lives and just like you pray for me i send pray up for you and your family during this hoilday season. Continue to know that God is in control of everything and i know sometimes we feel he has left us but he is always here for us and  he is carrying us through. Just know that God has taken care of this and he will never let you down. God Bless you and your family. 

Top 10 Contributor
Prayer Room Chaplain
Posts 1,430

Father thank you for the good report about Fulton, I pray Father that you will continue blessing Fulton and the Dawson family and continue giving each the strength needed. Father I pray that you will also continue giving the doctors wisdom and guiding them to where Fulton will have a speedy and flawless recovery. In Jesus name amen

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 27

I am contining to hold up Fulton and the family in my prayers and throughts...  Amen....

Top 10 Contributor
ForumsAdministrator
Prayer Room Chaplain
SystemAdministrator
Posts 511

Dawson:

Dawson: Since my son Fulton's accident our life has been turned upside down. He is still in a coma, but we are hopeful for his recovery. My family is thankful for your prayers. If you'd like to leave a message of encouragement I will read it.

Reach a HopeCoach by calling 800-394-4673 (HOPE) or chat online with a HopeCoach HERE

Not Ranked
Posts 1

My prayers are with you and your family. God bless you!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1

I will be praying for Fulton and the family.  God bless you Dawson, your ministry to a bunch of snotty nosed Jr. Highers and High Schoolers back in the '70's is still bearing fruit.

May His Spirit bring you peace in the storm.

Lennie

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Father please comfort and wrap your arms around this family, give them the peace that you gave to me in my time of suffering.  I truly feel the pain that they are going through.  The prayers they lifted up for my daughter 6 years ago when she suffered a brain injury from a car accident and was in the coma 14 long days.    It was a long road but you gave her back to me whole and she is living a prosperous life.  Please I ask you continue blessing Fulton and let him open his eyes and wake up for he has so much to give. 

Top 10 Contributor
ForumsAdministrator
Prayer Room Chaplain
SystemAdministrator
Posts 511

Thank you all for your concern and your prayers for Fulton, Dawson, and family. 

We have added a new page where you keep track of updates as you continue to keep Fulton, Dawson, his wife Ruth Hill, and their other son Gene in your prayers.  Please CLICK HERE for more information and the latest updates. We will continue to update that page whenever we know something new.

We encourage you all to continue to post your prayers and words of encouragement on this new "Prayer for Fulton" thread. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS